Thursday, July 14, 2011

Personalplaner 2.0

The Personalplaner is an old school project that I made.
Unfortunately at that time I was not the developer I am now.
At the moment I am porting my old Personalplaner from WinForms to WPF.
Beside changing the layout and the graphics I am also implementing a MVVM Pattern, and splitting up the layers properly. Besides that I am implementing a proper ServiceLocator Pattern for providing services and the ability for UnitTesting.
Beside redesigning everything I also intend to get some more languages into it (at the moment german is the only option...)

I am still far away from finishing but I'm working on it.

The old Personalplaner can be found at personalplaner.codeplex.com. There is also a somewhat out of date blog that I will update some time soon (hopefuly...) personalplaner.blogspot.com/
The Personalplaner is open source and free for use. So there is no reason why you should not download and install it... :-)
The sources aren't up to date because I use a different repository for my development, but I will update the them when I have a somewhat stable version running.

Here is how the Personalplaner used to look:


Here is how it looks now:




No comments: